INSTRUMENTAL LESSONS AT KLAUDIA’S MUSIC STUDIO
Our approach is to integrate all aspects of music into one beautiful, ear pleasing experience. Importance of home practicing is the key. The studio encourages daily home practicing from its students. Parents of young children: we encourage you to remind your children to practice and devote a prime part of their day to this task. Give your child an undivided attention for the time of practicing. A receptive audience is often all that is required to encourage a child to practice. Both teachers and parents as role models have an important part in a child’s advancement and only when sufficient effort is put in, will we see great results. Adult students should also devote time to home practicing to progress in their musical development. Home practice gives teachers important weekly feedback and guides both student and teacher to produce a more customized learning routine.
Top Questions and Answers You Might Be Asking:
- Question: How do I begin?
Answer: Fill our registration form online, so we have all your contact information. In there, write us a note describing what you are looking for. Pick an instrument based on your personal preference and we will match you with the teacher on a certain day and time of the week. Then we set up an initial lesson time for you. After you pay for the lesson, all is set. Registration fee is only charged after the initial lesson and when you decide to sign up for weekly lessons.
- Question: What if I don’t have the instrument and need to rent one?
Answer: We have selected instruments for rent, starting at $20/month.
- Question: What if I have a child who is not decided?
Answer: If you have a small child who is undecided, attend a Junior Class for very young children. Children 6 and up can also observe the Junior Class, or observe some other instrumental class by appointment.
- Question: How can I help my child to decide which instrument to pick?
Answer: Bring your child to a live music concert. We recommend classical music concert, or some of our internal music recitals we put on every December and June. Show your child variety of musical performances and styles. What resonates with them is the right choice. For us at Klaudia’s Music Studio is important to know what style you like. Classical music, light classics, popular contemporary music, heavy metal music, movie music, or anything else.
- Question: Do you only teach classical music?
Answer: We based our violin, piano, guitar, cello and double bass teaching on classical music, but not exclusively. For example, student can play a new music piece once the technique allows it. And we also have rock guitar and drums lessons that are not based on classical music at all. It all depends on instrument, teacher and student which way you want to lean towards.
- Question: How do I make sure the interest lasts?
Answer: Sign up for a trial 10-week period. After this time you will have a better understanding of what is involved.
- Question: Do all students have to take the Royal Conservatory Exam?
Answer: No. Teacher determined the readiness and it is only recommended for students who take music lessons and music education very seriously. Preparations are extensive and involve much more than just playing a musical instrument.
- Question: Do you offer a trial lesson and do I need to have an instrument?
Answer: Yes, for 1/2 price of the regular lesson. One-time initial trial class. You may take another trial lesson on different instrument. We provide instrument for trial class for free.
- Question: Do you rent instruments?
Answer: Yes. Violin, viola, cello, double bass, guitar, keyboard, electric piano.
- Question: Do you come to students home to teach?
Answer: No, we only offer lessons at one of the Studio locations.
- Question: How young can children begin playing an instrument?
Answer: General music introduction starts at the age 3.5 in our Junior Music Class. Summer Camp is for children 5.5 years and up. Instrumental playing is recommended by Klaudia’s Music Studio at the age 5 or up, with exception of guitar where we recommend starting at minimum 8 years old.
- Question: Can I start learning instrument at any age?
Answer: Yes, absolutely.
TOP TEN REASONS to enroll in music lessons today:
- Playing a musical instrument is a safe, fun, and creative after-school activity.
- We take it seriously. Classical music tutoring of Royal Conservatory of Music enriched with variety of non-classical popular repertoire.
- Learning to read notes and other musical aspects is taught as an essential element from the beginning.
- Fantastic results in quality of sound, pitch and musicality.
- Benefit of improved learning skills, such as coordination, listening, attention span.
- Flexibility. You get to pick a day/time for weekly lessons, as well as the teacher.
- Convenience. Close to your neighborhood.
- Certified, experienced, kind and attentive teachers.
- One ½ price initial trial lesson; then risk-free 10-WEEKS trial period; no obligation to commit.
- MUSIC EDUCATION FOR LIFE!