Meet A Musician in Oakville!
A wonderful one-of-a-kind presentation of the violin instrument in an interactive and explorative setting since 2007.
- Designed for the young audience of Montessori schools, Preschools, JK, SK and primary school students, as well as children at Libraries, Tots Programs and After-school centres
- Ignites the interest in children for music and sounds of the violin
- Discusses the great violin makers and the mystique surrounding violin
making over the centuries
- Teaches the purpose and design of various parts of the instrument
- Includes a hands-on demonstration of the construction of the violin in
which students may handle the various pieces and ask questions
- Explores playing techniques to produce a variety of sounds and effects
- Examines the violin’s use in classical and contemporary music
- Encourages students to question and problem solve
- Length of Presentation: 30-40 minutes
- Principals, directors and music teachers are welcome to enquire about this in-school presentation; please book 1-3 months in advance